Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Josiah

Happy Birthday Josiah!
Vital stats (just because I want to remember): Weight - 67lbs, Height - 4ft 4.5in (both just above 75th percentile)

I told Josiah last night that he might not want to go to sleep because it was his last night as a seven year old. He giggled and said that was probably a good idea! And then it hit me. . .I no longer have a seven year old. He is eight today. Somehow, that sounds so old, and I find myself a bit weepy!

I could not have known eight years ago how much Josiah would change me. He started me on this journey of motherhood and I have learned so much. The poor guy has had to deal with the brunt of my learning curve, and unfortunately that will probably continue. By God's grace, He will use even that to shape both of us.

I am so grateful for who God has given me as my first-born son. He is so unique and I treasure him more and more as he grows and develops. Josiah is changing into a boy and I am enjoying the humor he now partakes in. He likes to joke and giggles while watching the 3 Stooges. He is also becoming very interested in wrestling and participated in his first wrestling meet last weekend. I was very proud of how hard he worked! He continues to love school and his teacher enjoys him too. It is so fun to listen to him read. I appreciate his sensitive heart towards others. He seems to know what might hurt others and takes steps to avoid that. Just this week, he made the brownies for his class treat, with just a little help from me, but wanted to make sure a girl in his class that has some allergies would be able to eat them. He still loves legos. He is planning his garden for out on the acreage. The first thing he wants to plant is sweet corn. . .to sell. And he thinks pumpkins and watermelons would be fun too. He picked Lucky Charms for his birthday cereal and hotdogs for his birthday meal.

Dear Josiah, may God's riches blessings be yours this year and may you continue to strive after your namesake, doing what is right in the eyes of the Lord and not turning aside to the right or to the left. (2Kings 22:2) I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment