Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Evelyn!


Evelyn is three today. She commented all day that she "likes her birthday!" Where in the world does time go? It feels like just yesterday that I was bringing home my precious bundle and knee deep in shades of pink. Today her favorite color is purple and she continues to bring life to our home. She wakes up smiling and goes to bed singing. She is not a girly girl, but bounces about and sings all day long. She loves horses, calling them "coppers" like Grandpa Bundt's horse whose name is Copper. She always wants to help me and recently wants to wear her hair in a pony "just like you Mommy." She has a unique ability to lift my spirits when things are going a bit rough. Evelyn likes to do things herself and often mothers her brothers, echoing phrases that I use. She loves to swing. These days she is always filling her "water bottle" which is her sippy cup and tells me it is full so that she can take it to the acreage with her. She oozes life and draws everyone around her into it as well. What a joy and a responsibility it is to have a little girl. I am so thankful God chose to give her to us.

My dear Evelyn, I pray that you will come to know Jesus as your own Savior so that your sweet joy may continue to run deep and true as you engage the world around you. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment