Thursday, November 18, 2010

How far I've come

We've been butchering deer this week. When we were first married, that meant that Joel did the butchering and I stayed as far away as possible. If for some terrible reason I had to come in contact with the butchering process, I held my breath, closed my eyes and scooted past. And now this week. . .I went and picked up my oldest sons who were "helping" with the butchering. I walked my daughter by a deer carcaas. I watched my husband strip the hide off a deer with a pickup truck. And I ended my evening with two hours of cleaning the meat from the deer in my own kitchen. I only gagged a couple of times. Oh how far I've come.

Simeon's response to all the deer around the house in the last few days come out after school yesterday. He walked into the house and said, "I don't like the way this house smells anymore." I think I'll go light a candle somewhere. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment